Tour de Ruhr
"All-round service from the source to the mouth" - 8 days / 7 overnight stays - length of the tour: 232 km
Arrive and start cycling! Enjoy our complete service on this tour: We organize hotels, luggage transfer and have all important information in our tour package ready for you. On the complete route of 232 kilometres, you experience the original landscapes of the Sauerland region and the exciting Ruhr metropolis.
1. Day: Winterberg
Individual arrival and overnight stay
2. Day: Winterberg – Raum Ostwig (30 km)
The cycle path starts at the source of the Ruhr river. The journey leads through the beautiful low mountain range landscape of the Sauerland.
3. Day: Raum Ostwig – Arnsberg (35 km)
The Benedictine abbey in Meschede offers carefully selected products. Arrival in Arnsberg with its well-preserved medieval historic centre.
4. Day: Arnsberg – Fröndenberg (40 km)
At Wickede, the wooded Sauerland mountains merge into the border landscape on the Haarstrang. On Hellweg, there are many old farms that have survived over the course of centuries. Arrival in Fröndenberg, the "city of chains".
5. Day: Fröndenberg – Witten (47 km)
The route leads past Schwerte.. A historical grain distillery and the mustard museum await you here. You cycle along Lake Hengstey and Harkots to Witten.
6. Day: Witten – Essen (ca. 45 km)
In the museum "Zeche Nachtigall" in Muttental you can experience a real coal seam. In Hattingen the old "Henrichshütte" is a site especially worth seeing. In Essen we recommend making a stop at Villa Hügel
7. Day: Essen – Duisburg (35 km)
The route between Kettwig and Duisburg leads through the city of Mülheim. There is a lot of nature here, because only a small part of the shore of the Ruhr river is built on. Duisburg, where the Ruhr flows into the Rhine, is the largest inland port in Europe.
8. Day: Individual return journey.
8 days cycling and relaxing - someone else will take care of the rest. This is how great holidays can be
• 7 × B&B in 3-4-star hotels with shower/WC
• Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel to Duisburg
• A tour package incl. bike map and individual road book with many tips on the Ruhr Valley cycle path per room
• 7-day service hotline
• travel security note
• visitor's tax
• 7 × HP (2-3-course menus or buffet) EUR 175 per person
• Rental bike for 6 days EUR 70 per bike
• Electric bike for 6 days EUR 160 per bike
• Rail journey or bus transfer incl. bikes and luggage from Duisburg to Winterberg on request.
Unaccompanied: from 2 pers.
Accompanied: on request, min. 10 and max. 15 persons recommended
Free choice of dates
EUR 599 unaccompanied per person in double room
EUR 455 (excl. luggage transfer)
Single room surcharge: EUR 146
Seasonal surcharge (15 April to 6 October 2019): EUR 50 p.p.