The fountain column was presented by electoral prince Maximilian Friedrich (1784-1791) to his Westphalian residency town. The town Madonna (Swabian, around 1500) in the town hall façade has miraculously survived a large number of fires in the town. On the north side of the town hall is the coat of arms of the Electorate of Cologne, symbol of Cologne rule in Arnsberg (1369-1802). The bell tower, the symbol of the town, can be seen from far away with its Baroque cap. The town chapel of St. Georg next door is a Gothic hall church from the 14th century.